Welcome to the online presence of Rainmaker Underwriting, LLC. Rainmaker Underwriting, LLC is a business consulting firm that serves the commercial income-producing property development and investment industries. We support all major asset classes (i.e.: housing, health care, mixed-use, master-planned communities, retail and hospitality) for for-profit and non-profit businesses, and our specialty is senior housing development and project finance consulting. Our clients are typically developers or investors for new construction projects located somewhere in North America, the Caribbean Basin or Mexico – or at least that has been our track record for the past 25 years. One (1) of their key issues is obtaining non-recourse financing. Senior housing development and project financing are our most sought-after areas of value-added services that include project market feasibility studies, pro forma financial analysis, our unique underwriting approach for equity and lending, due diligence documentation, negotiations assistance and program management. Our biggest impact is likely to occur during the conceptual phase where the proposed business is vetted for the purposes of obtaining capital financing. More than 4 out of 5 companies seeking capital investment in the United States continue to fail at this crucial stage, ending in tragedy to be sure. Our singular goal is to maximize the opportunity for a successful enterprise funding outcome and have our clients avoid being part of the “4 Out of 5 Club”. Nothing else matters.
Our typical clients are those who seeking to minimize their subjective financial investment risk exposure (especially exposure pertaining to total investment loss risk) and are not willing to settle for anything less than a comprehensive, professional effort in every aspect of their transaction funding proposal in order to obtain their goal. These clients know if the capital investment cannot be induced, then everything else is rendered irrelevant, including their opportunity to actually realize a business profit from their own investment and efforts. Our unique service model approach reflects this requirement.
Services You Can Expect…
Everything we do is aimed at preventing the investment underwriter from concluding that our client’s funding proposal is anything less than completely supportable, all things being equal. Our primary services are intentionally designed to help our clients meet this requirement and include:
- Risk Management Planning. Omnibus planning and consulting for the development of risk management plans that adhere to the concepts of risk transference and optimizing a given business economic opportunity in light of the likely risks to be encountered.
- Project Feasibility Studies. Full and complete project feasibility studies, market feasibility studies, pro forma financial modeling & scenario testing, site use evaluations, etc.
- Marketing, Media, Advertising & Sales Plan Development. Comprehensive planning and budgeting for the operational launch and stabilization of the ultimate project.
- Funding Proposals, Executive Presentations & Securities Offerings Development. Complete proposal drafting, editing and review services for all types of capital investment proposals.
- Business Plan Development. Business plan drafting, editing and review services for operating plans, multi-location roll-out plans and long-term master-plans.
- Project Team Development, Qualification, Negotiation & Contracting Assistance. Consulting assistance to acquire the right project team, negotiate business terms that comply with underwriting requirements and manage the transference of risk.
- Underwriting Review Due Diligence Preparation. Complete underwriting support for every stage of the underwriting process and the production of all required due diligence exhibits in the form and substance mandated under the funding partner’s underwriting procedure.
- Financial Analysis & Forecasting. Production of detailed financial analyses of both simple and complex commercial real estate development projects utilizing a combination of our database of previous project assignments and our incredibly detailed financial reporting system to produce audit-ready pro forma financial presentations.
- Program Development, Management & Owner Representation Consulting. Consulting support for pre-development, pre-construction, construction, pre-opening operations, project launch and initial lease-up cycle phases, program management, reporting, compliance and owner representation services.
- Capital Financing Referrals, Underwriting Management, Institutional Solicitations & Related Consulting. Funding partner due diligence reviews, broker/banker/institutional referrals, underwriting process management, and full solicitation support for obtaining capital funding based upon our unique service model designed to maximize the opportunity for a successful funding outcome.
- Commercial Loan Default/Foreclosure & Bankruptcy Defense Consulting. Professional reviews of due diligence procedures that frequently result in loan defaults due to no fault of the borrower, but rather, the lack of proper due diligence by the creditor that mitigate liability.
- Commercial Real Estate Information Technology & Analytics Reporting. Detailed economic forecasting reports used to attract buyers and developers to sellers of commercial properties nationwide.
Find out more about what we do by taking part in our initial client consulting program that is free of charge. In this interview process, we seek to have the prospective client (and the client’s entire project team of consultants) participate in a meaningful and sober review of the schedule and means necessary to meet their goals and objectives. We are happy to provide advice and our experience regarding a wide array of topics that bear directly on the type of development under consideration. We observe strict confidentiality and disclosure requirements in observance of statute 15 U.S.C. §§ 6801–6809.